Giant's TCR Advanced SL 3 is your do-everything rig, from long days in the hills to downtown crits. Expertly crafted from Advanced SL composite, the less-than-2-pound TCR Advanced SL frame has been tweaked for weight savings, speed, and above all, ride quality. To accomplish those lofty goals, this refined rocket boasts an integrated seatmast, an oversize bottom bracket for efficiency, and a MegaDrive down tube, along with tapered head tube housing a full carbon fork for lateral stiffness with razor-sharp handling. And the components are equally as impressive; Shimano Ultegra brings you pro-level shifting at a feathery low weight while Giant P-SL0 wheels as well as a Giant bar and stem help you fly uphill.
Giant's Advanced SL features the highest-quality carbon formed into a frame through cutting-edge construction techniques. Top-end, raw T-800 carbon is carefully woven in Giant's own composite factory, then handcrafted into framesets utilizing Giant's most advanced construction technique, Fusion. This produces what may be the lightest, stiffest and most compliant framesets ever to roll on two wheels.
In addition to the superior carbon construction, Giant's Advanced SL frames boast the following technologies to make your ride better than ever!
1. Integrated seatpost - in addition to saving weight, Giant's integrated seatpost improves aerodynamics and allows a more compliant ride.
2. Fusion - by utilizing an intensive 2-step molding procedure, Fusion junctions are stronger, lighter and far more precise than the traditional co-cured junctions or monocoque construction.
3. OverDrive 2 - Giant's head tube and fork steerer tapers from 1 1/4 inch at the the top to 1 1/2 inch at the bottom for pinpoint steering, lateral stability and superb torsional stiffness.
4. Megadrive - Giant's massive rectangular down tube combines with their oversize top tube to provide unprecedented stiffness, handling and acceleration.
5. Powercore - through the use of an integrated 86mm wide bottom bracket and asymmetrical chainstays, the TCR Advanced features fantastic pedaling stiffness so every watt of effort rockets you forward.
Giant’s RideSense transmitter sends speed and cadence information to any ANT+ compatible computer. The transmitter is seamlessly integrated into the chainstay, though it can be easily removed.
Giant’s OverDrive 2 delivers up to 30%-better cornering and sprinting stiffness and control than non-tapered front ends with:
1/2) 1 ¼-inch/1 ½-inch diameter bearings
3) 1 ¼-inch diameter Giant stem
4) Tapered fork steerer
5) Giant OverDrive steerer plug
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||Giant Advanced SL-grade composite, integrated seatpost, electronic ready|
|Fork||Giant Advanced SL-grade composite, composite OverDrive 2 steerer|
|Rims/Wheels||Giant P-SL0 WheelSystem|
|Tires||Giant P-SLR1, 700 x 23c|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra|
|Rear Cogs||Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed: 11-25|
|Stem||Giant Contact, OverDrive 2|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Ultegra|
|Seatpost||Advanced SL Composite, integrated seatmast design|
|Accessories & Extras||RideSense ANT+ sensor, 20mm ISP clamps|
* Subject to change without notice.
Road frame testing